Austin came home and told me that he was going to try out for the talent show at school. I asked him what he was going to do and he told me that he was playing in a rock band. I asked what he was going to play and he told me the bass guitar. I thought it must be guitar hero or something because he has never had a guitar lesson in his life. He informed me that it was a real guitar. I told him that I didn't know that he could play the bass guitar and he replied that he didn't know he could either! With that, I didn't think he had a chance because it is tough to get one of the few spots in the talent show assembly. A few days later the group tried out. And guess what...they made it into the talent show! He played today and did great! Way to go Austin!!!
Another big adventure for Austin, he made State with the DECA competition. He did it all on his own! I am so proud of him. He is following in Ashley's footsteps. Once again, I was clueless with what he was preparing. He just did it. We hope he does well at State in a couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
i was there watching and all of a sudden i saw austn playng...who knew? he did great
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hugs- Marsha
Way to go Austin! I suppose we all have some hidden talent we don't know about! Now the question is, are you going to keep playing?
Post a Comment