Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break






Spring Break!!!



Okay, so who's idea was it to have family pictures done? Oh wait, it was me...we are missing four grandchildren from our last sitting, Michelle was babysitting and Austin still sang soprano, so time to do it again. What a headache it turns into. What to wear. Oh wait, all of a sudden the guys care about what they are wearing. And the colors that look good on my girls make me look like I am fresh from the morgue. And the red rock...really isn't red, it is orange. So what to do. How about white and khaki. Oh, rethink. Toddlers on red rock. They would soon have the orange color all over them. Stick to whatever you want to wear. We ended up pulling it off! (The clothes that is!) So you would think that if we scheduled the photographer for late afternoon in the middle of March it would be splendid. It was FREEZING and we were all decked out in short sleeves. The wind was blowing hard. That kicked up the sand and dirt and there we stood trying to look like the happy family on the front of the Family Home Evening manuel. It will be a miracle if all of our faces are looking the same way and smiling! Thank goodness for computer photo shop! Stay tooned. The proofs will be posted in a couple of weeks.



That happened to be Neal's birthday as well. The Ides of March. We had a wonderful birthday dinner prepared by Rachel and Ashley. Everything was so yummy, Chicken Farfalle, Homemade breadsticks, cranberry and apple green salad and TWO desserts, a Macaroni Grill chocolate cake and pumpkin pie. We roasted marshmallows in the fireplace and laughed our brains out. The break started out with a bang...

Sunday night Austin and Neal headed home and Jake, Ashley, Sydney, Brooklyn and Chris headed to Las Vegas to spend a couple of days. The next morning was to be filled with shopping and eating but was quickly replaced with stomach flu. I am sure that Ashley and Jake were so grateful that I came with a bug for baggage. I locked myself away in the bedroom and kept to myself. Now how fun was I? Let me tell you....I was un-poopular. By Tuesday, I felt like living, in the slow lane mind you, but the thought of food was no longer nauseating. Back to St. George we go. By Wednesday I was back to my eating and shopping my brains out again. We went to the Bloomington Park and let the kiddos run wild. It was so refreshing to lay on the blanket and bask in the sun.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

What a cute family!!! I'm excited to see the proofs. Hope the weather turned out to be a little bit warmer for you